What we do!
Support equine research directed at improving the health of the Arabian horse, with a focus on projects of particular concern to the Arabian breed.
Over $75,000 has been provided in support of a variety of projects involving collaborations with some of the top veterinary research programs in the world:
- Juvenile Idiopathic Epilepsy (JIE), Dr. Samantha Brooks (University of FL-Gainesville)**
- Occipitoatlantoaxial Malformation (OAAM), Dr. Carrie Finno (University of CA- Davis)**
- Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS), Dr. Samantha Brooks (University of FL-Gainesville)
- Equine Cerebellar Abiotrophy (CA), Dr. Cecilia Penedo (University of CA-Davis)
- Lavender Foal Syndrome (LFS), Dr. Samantha Brooks (Cornell University)
- Equine Melanoma, co-sponsorships with the Morris Animal Foundation
- Molly McCue (University of Minnesota) – Genetic Determinants of Melanoma Susceptibility in Gray Horses
- Jeffrey Phillips (University of Tennessee) – Safety and Immunoreactivity of the Melanoma Vaccine in Tumor Bearing Horses
- The Effect of Hoof Trimming on the Medio-Lateral and Dorso-Palmar Load Distribution in Arabian Horses, Dr. Babak Faramarzi (Western University)
- Equine Reproduction Laboratory Rebuilding Fund, Colorado State University
**Projects funded in 2017
How you can help!
The Arabian Horse Foundation thanks all of its donors, as well as the owners who participate in the studies, for their ongoing support. Without support, the Research Program would not be possible. Whether it is a little or a lot, every donation matters; even $5/year from each AHA member would greatly widen the funding base and broaden the scopes of projects.
Tax-deductible donations can be made by using the donation check box on the AHA membership form when renewing or joining. Donations can also be made online with PayPal or credit/debit card at the Foundation’s website or by sending a check to the Foundation’s Treasurer at 1024 K Street, Lincoln, NE 68508. Donors can also designate their funds to a specific area of Foundation activity, such as research.
Additionally, donors can designate the Arabian Horse Foundation as the charity they would like to support when they make Amazon purchases at Amazon Smile and a portion of their purchases will go to the Foundation